IMPORTANT: Due to the rapidly evolving developments around the Coronavirus Disease 19 (COVID-IN), and in consultation with the Chicago Federation of Musicians and the Festival’s Orchestra and Audition Committees, the Grant Park Music Festival has decided to postpone the section bass, principal percussion/assistant principal timpani, and second oboe auditions. We will hold these auditions in 2021. You may check the Festival’s website in January 2021 for new audition dates.

Preliminary Rounds: April 6-7, 2020; 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Semi-Final and Final Rounds: April 8, 2020
Application and Deposit Receipt Deadline: March 12, 2020
Audition Location:  Jay Pritzker Pavilion, Millennium Park, Downtown Chicago

Audition Repertoire List is available HERE.

Audition venue and hotel information can be found HERE.

Note:  Principal Percussion position includes 20% overscale and Asst. Principal Timpani position includes 10% overscale, for a total overscale of 30%.


Applicants should complete the online application at the link below.  In addition to completing the online application, applicants will need to send an audition deposit of $100, utilizing the instructions received after completing the online application.  Audition dates and times will only be assigned after receipt of both the online application and audition deposit.  Applicants will have 5 days after notification of their assigned audition date and time to cancel taking the audition.  Cancellations after this 5-day period will result in forfeiture of the deposit.