Security and Prohibited Items
The City of Chicago has implemented a security perimeter and bag check policy for all concerts at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion.
All metal knives are prohibited. Plastic, compostable cutlery is encouraged.
All bags, coolers and containers must be smaller than 26”L X 15”W X 15”H and are subject to search.
Beer and wine can be brought in for Grant Park Music Festival concerts, except for the Independence Day Salute on July 4.
For most concerts, bag checks and entrances open 2 hours before the concert start time. The Pritzker Pavilion and Great Lawn will be closed to the public earlier in the afternoon. We encourage patrons to arrive early for all concerts.
Additional Prohibited Items
- Pets (except for service animals)
- Totems, flags, banners, lawn stakes
- Tents, canopies, shade structures, umbrellas (staked or golf)
- Noise makers
- Laser pointers
- Skateboards, scooters, bicycles, personal motorized vehicles (exception ADA mobility devices)
- Drones, hoverboards, motorized toys
- Professional grade walkie-talkies or radios
- Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors
- Unauthorized solicitation and materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, samples, giveaways, etc.
- Illegal and illicit substances of any kind including drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Firearms, explosive, weapons of any kind *(including pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc)
- Open flames
- Any item deemed dangerous by Security
This list is subject to change.
Visit millenniumpark.org for more information.