Millennium Park Security
Jay Pritzker Pavilion — Attending An Event
Your safety and security are important to us. A security perimeter and bag check are in place for all Jay Pritzker Pavilion events.
The City of Chicago requires all patrons attending any concert or event at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion to enter from either Randolph or Monroe Streets or from the Millennium Garage. (See entrances A, B, E, and G on the map below).
We encourage you to come early and plan ahead for the security perimeter. Knowing what items are prohibited will help speed your bag check. Entry may be faster for those without bags. Please review the full prohibited items list (below) before your visit.
Security gates open 90 minutes before our concert start time. The Pavilion will be closed to the public for one hour before the gates open.
Note: While we welcome picnickers, outside alcoholic beverages will not be permitted at the Independence Day Salute. Beer and wine will be available for purchase in the Park. Alcoholic beverages are permitted at all other mainstage events during the 2022 Grant Park Music Festival. Gates for this event only will open 2 hours before the start of the concert.
Youth Escort Policy
Thursdays through Sundays, guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult (21 years and older) and may be asked to present a valid ID. The adult must be present for the duration of the visit and may escort up to four young people.
- Pets (except for service animals)
- Totems, flags, banners, lawn stakes
- Tents, canopies, shade structures, umbrellas (staked or golf)
- Laser pointers
- All metal knives and cutlery (**corkscrews and plastic/compostable cutlery ARE allowed)
- Skateboards, scooters, bicycles, personal motorized vehicles (exception ADA mobility devices)
- Drones, hoverboards, motorized toys
- Professional grade walkie-talkies or radios
- Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors
- Unauthorized solicitation and materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, samples, giveaways, etc.
- Illegal and illicit substances of any kind including drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Firearms, explosive, weapons of any kind *(including pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc)
- Open flames
- Outside Alcohol Prohibited at select events (see above)
- Any item deemed dangerous by Security